PwC Autofacts Forecasts 2012 Global Automotive Light Vehicle Assembly to Exceed 79 Million Units and Top 100 Million in 2016
What is contributing to the positive outlook?
• Monetary tightening and other policy shifts in Brazil, India, and China caused slower growth in 2011. But, with inflationary fears in these markets subsiding (prompting correspondingly looser monetary policy), these markets could be poised for substantial growth once again.
• Russia is positioned for another year of strong local demand.
• BRIC growth is likely to reach double digits (12%) in 2012 following only five percent growth in 2011.
• Potential exists for strong output recovery in Japan and Thailand as the auto sector in both countries works to satisfy pent-up demand, clear product backlogs, and rebuild inventory in the wake of 2011's natural disasters. Thailand's eco-car program is also likely to provide assembly upside in 2012.
• North American industry outlook remains positive although volumes are not expected to achieve prior peaks. Autofacts predicts an 860k YoY increase in North America production predicated on healthier inventory, export growth, and US light vehicle sales of 13.6 million units in 2012.
The US region's automotive sector is poised for continued growth in 2012," said Rick Hanna, global automotive leader, PwC. "Automotive companies have ramped up vehicle inventories and growth markets are easing monetary policy. Although uncertainty persists, we anticipate the global automotive industry will run on all cylinders toward another record year as long as Europe's issues don't spill over to other regions." To receive specific regional forecast data, sign-up for a free monthly subscription to PwC's Autofacts Analyst Notes at www.Autofacts.com.
About PwC's Automotive Practice PwC's global automotive practice leverages its extensive experience in the industry to help companies solve complex business challenges with efficiency and quality. One of PwC's global automotive practice's key competitive advantages is Autofacts®, a team of automotive industry specialists dedicated to ongoing analysis of sector trends. Autofacts provides our team of more than 4,600 automotive professionals and our clients with data and analysis to assess implications, make recommendations, and support decisions to compete in the global marketplace.
Autofacts, PwC's automotive forecasting service, is a provider of automotive market analysis, strategy development, and competitive intelligence to the world's leading vehicle manufacturers, automotive suppliers, and support organizations. Autofacts service offerings are available on-demand, for one-time purchase and through an annual subscription basis to access the on-line portal with Autofacts' proprietary data query tool. For more information regarding Autofacts or to sign up for a free monthly subscription to Autofacts Analyst Notes, visit www.autofacts.com.
About the PwC Network
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
© 2011 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further de
Press Release and Documents
Rita CongeraMedia RelationsUnited Kingdomrita.firstname.lastname@example.org+44 207 212 1231
k m-United Stateswondr1@123.com-
Katherine WaiteMediaUnited Stateskatherine.email@example.com 617 821 2282