Productivity of Customer-Facing Operations vital for top-line growth, loyalty and retention
PwC rated as a Vanguard Leader by ALM Intelligence
ALM Intelligence*, the leading consulting research and advisory firm, rates PwC as a Vanguard Leader in their new report ‘Customer-Facing Service Operations Consulting.’
According to ALM:
- Companies, particularly in business-to-consumer (B2C) service sectors, have long looked to improve the productivity of front-office customer-facing service operations, including customer service, field and technical services, and core services sector supply chain activities such as insurance claims processing or hospital emergency room operations, to reduce costs and improve revenue through better customer acquisition and retention.
- The landscape is shifting rapidly, driven by changes in customer expectations and the proliferation of new technologies that are multiplying companies’ objectives for their customer-facing service operations and extending the improvement imperative to additional sectors. On the one hand, customer expectations for a consistent experience across channels as well as increasing visibility are shifting the boundary between customer-facing service operations and what was traditionally considered the middle-office “service factory.” On the other hand, new technologies from automation to more flexible customer relationship management (CRM) and artificial intelligence are furnishing opportunities for companies to remake their service operations.
The report highlights that “PwC offers customer-facing service operations consulting through industry sub-practices that bring its customer, operations, and strategy practitioners together. The firm is actively adapting its traditional operational improvement approaches and combining these with its service-specific expertise to address the growing need of clients to raise the stature and capabilities of service operations as a means of monetising customer relationships over the relationship lifecycle. Its focus is not only on making service operations more efficient through traditional call center, transaction processing, and service analytics, but also positioning service operations to contribute to top-line growth through greater customer engagement, loyalty, and retention.”
It goes on to say “Within its strategy through execution capabilities for customer-facing service operations, PwC has evolved two new types of service solutions. These deliver traditional operational improvement offerings while addressing the role of service operations within a company’s business strategy and applying new digital technologies in core operations. The first solution employs the firm’s Fit for Growth* model to help clients make trade-offs that align resource allocations to the capabilities required by the broader strategic priorities and creating greater coherence across the organisation from the front to the back-office. The second concentrates on helping clients digitise service operations to simultaneously increase efficiency and effectiveness.”
Juan Pujadas, Global Advisory Chairman, said "We are proud to have been recognised as a ALM Intelligence Vanguard leader. Helping our clients manage their customer-facing operations is vital in helping them maintain loyal and engaged customers, which in turn results in higher retention rates.”
*ALM Intelligence, formerly Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.
- To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit pwc.com/analystviews.
- At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
©2016 PwC. All rights reserved
Press Release and Documents
Robert DonnellyPwC Global Analyst RelationsUnited Statesrobert.firstname.lastname@example.org+1 917 471 3355