• Our findings show that nearly a third of them are focusing on opportunities for growth in the countries where they already do business, with just 14% planning to explore new geographic markets.
• Many are also revising the ‘portfolio’ of overseas markets where they concentrate their efforts.
• Overall CEOs said the BRICS have evolved individually and are no longer a single block.
• This feeling was echoed by the CEOs from the BRIC countries regarding their short term growth.
• In terms of being “very confident” over the next 12 months, all decreased from last year – with the exception of the CEOs from China.
• CEOs are now assessing prospects for new business in countries such as Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey, Thailand and Vietnam.
• Meanwhile, the U.S., the U.K. and Germany were also listed highly as investment destinations, as the developed economies really begin to finally show signs of recovery.
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.