PwC ranked as the Number 1 consulting organisation in China for 2016
Gartner Inc, the leading research and advisory firm, has ranked PwC as the number one consulting provider in China by 2016 market share in their Market Share Analysis: Consulting Services Worldwide, 2016 report (see note #5 below). Gartner’s definition of Consulting is: “Consulting services are advisory services to help companies analyse and improve the efficacy of business and technology strategies and operations” (please refer to #6 in the notes section below). PwC’s share includes revenues from PwC Advisory, Tax and Assurance business globally.
“We are honoured to be ranked by Gartner as the No.1 consulting organisation globally and also No.1 in China. We feel this is true testament of our effort, innovative solutions and the significant role we played in helping Chinese companies in their transformation journeys as our clients navigate this complex and disruptive business environment. Our strategy to execution solution driven services combined with being client-centric and technology enabled are clearly addressing market needs,” said Shirley Xie, PwC’s China and Hong Kong Consulting Leader.
The Market Share: IT Services, 2016 data found that the China Consulting services market grew 11.2% to just over $5.3 billion in 2016. PwC is number one for Consulting services market share with a share of 14.1% for 2016 YR (please refer to #7 in the notes section below).
Mohamed Kande, PwC’s Vice-Chairman, leader of PwC US Advisory, Japan Consulting and China Consulting businesses said: “We are delighted to receive this recognition by Gartner. China is one of the most compelling markets in the world. The impact of the world's second largest economy is significant and our clients worldwide rely on PwC, and trust in our people and our culture to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. Our clients know that our quality standards are second to none and that they can trust us to work in collaboration with them to develop winning strategies, and deliver innovation, resilience and value. Most importantly, what they recognise in PwC is our determination to get the job done and deliver maximum value. China is and will continue to be one of the most important markets worldwide for our business and we will continue to invest there to ensure we can help our clients make the best decisions and move their businesses forward with confidence."
Each year, Gartner analyses and publishes its market share and rankings for the previous calendar year across all technology-related capabilities.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1. Learn more about PwC’s professional services capabilities by visiting https://www.pwc.com/gx/en.html
2. For more information on how PwC helps clients determine what success looks like, innovate their business, and create new value, visit http://digital.pwc.com
3. To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit www.pwc.com/analystviews
4. To find out more about PwC’s most recently reported performance year, visit https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/about/global-annual-review-2016.html
5. Gartner, Inc., Market Share Analysis: Consulting Services Worldwide, 2016, Dean Blackmore and Julie Short, May 30 2017. Gartner clients may access the full report by visiting https://www.gartner.com/document/3732917?ref=solrAll&refval=188938720&qid=b46f787780883ee2459a096b2b1778bf.
6. Gartner, Inc., Market Definitions and Methodology: IT Services, Moutusi Sau et al, December 14, 2016. Gartner clients may access the full report by visiting https://www.gartner.com/document/3544718
7. Gartner, Inc., Market Share: IT Services, 2016, Kathryn Hale et al., April 19, 2017. Gartner clients may access the full report by visiting https://www.gartner.com/document/3681039?ref=solrAll&refval=184230576&qid=fc9ee11098133ecc5757be3d89d29888
8. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
©2017 PwC. All rights reserved
Robert DonnellyPwC Global Analyst RelationsUnited Statesrobert.email@example.com+1 917 471 3355