Through specialised offerings, PwC exhibits broadest capabilities among the leaders
PwC was named a leader in the ALM Vanguard of Product Development Operations Consulting. Firms were assessed, “in terms of their relative ability to create impact for their clients.”
Nathan Simon, author of the report, notes, “PwC exhibits the broadest capabilities among the leaders, owing to its specialized Management Engineers and Strategy& affiliates, the operations backbone of its PRTM heritage, IT resources and partnerships, and the geographic and sector footprints of its network members. This combination pays particular dividends in streamlining and coordinating global R&D assets.”
The report further highlights PwC as Best in Class for operating systems, stating, “With its Management Engineers affiliate, operations breadth, and PLM capabilities, PwC uniquely brings together the data-intensive information processing, engineering methods, and process improvement methodologies that make up a development operating system.”
Simon considers, “PwC directs its consulting approach at two needs. One is the shift from products to software and services, which drives companies to change their R&D methods as well as the talent, culture, and customer interactions required to execute their product development operations. The other is the globalization of R&D, which demands more decentralized operating models animated by different ways of communicating and coordinating activities.”
In regards to PwC’s offerings in the arena of product development operations consulting, the report states:
- PwC delivers services through its global Product and Service Innovation practice, which combines resources from its Strategy& affiliate, including its Management Engineers arm, and Operations practice.
- PwC positions its services along a continuum that stretches from strategy through execution and enablement, with product development offerings clustered in the latter two activity areas with a strong focus on program delivery as well as client capability development.
- The firm is adapting its service delivery in line with the points of view that motivate its consulting approach. For example, PwC’s development excellence services emphasize agile processes and the use of simulation tools to accelerate prototyping.
- The firm also concentrates on helping clients change PLM infrastructure to better accommodate software and services development and management.
- To help clients globalize their R&D, PwC focuses first on defining roles in terms of strategic objectives, and then deploys services designed to inject local market insight, develop talent management and cultural openness, integrate performance management, and modernize communications infrastructure for real-time collaboration.
Randy Browning, Global Advisory Markets Leader and the Global Consulting Competencies Leader, PwC, stated, “We are excited to learn we have been recognised as a leader for product development operations consulting. When working with a client, our focus is always on results. Our teams work to help drive customer engagement, improve quality and efficiency, digitise and transform operations, services and products, all while minimizing costs. In product development operations consulting we deliver real transformational results for clients no matter how challenging the conditions they face.”
- For more information about how PwC can help you, visit pwc.co.uk/services/consulting/operations/product-development-and-innovation.html
- To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit pwc.com/analystviews
- At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see pwc.com/structure
for further details.
©2018 PwC. All rights reserved.