Digital technologies into logistics is complex but brings exciting opportunities
The report goes on to say that:
● The incorporation of digital technologies into logistics has caused this business function to become increasingly complex. However, it is also bringing exciting opportunities for companies to achieve a step change in performance that can translate into higher revenues and margins as well as a stronger competitive position.
● Digital logistics consulting is a segment of the overall digital consulting market that focuses on the application of digital tools and enablers – such as data analytics and artificial intelligence, collaborative networks and connected systems (i.e., the Internet of Things [IoT]), and innovation and design thinking to help clients across all relevant industry sectors enhance the performance of their logistics operations. The digital logistics consulting market includes services primarily centered on using digital technologies to improve the flow of goods and materials through the supply chain.
Commenting on the capabilities of PwC, the report highlights that “PwC has built its Supply Chain Opportunity and Optimisation Platform as a way of bringing the benefits of data analytics to the supply chain and logistics. This platform includes tools developed by PwC (such as its Inventory Replenishment Optimiser) that incorporate supply chain analytics capabilities and can be delivered in a mobile app format.”
ALM Intelligence also state that “in the logistics network visibility area, PwC benefits from its close partnership with Jabil, a logistics firm that has developed the innovative InControl supply chain orchestration platform, a tool that PwC’s consultants deploy to help clients monitor and manage their logistics networks. The tool can also help ensure compliance with conflict minerals legislation.”
Commenting on achieving the Vanguard rating, Brett Cayot, Global Logistics leader, said: “We are pleased to be named a leader in this ALM Vanguard. Our aim is to help our clients achieve excellence with all of their logistics and help them to make the most of the opportunities available with the incorporation of digital technologies into logistics.”
*ALM Intelligence, formerly Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory.
1. The face of operations is changing, driven by global trends, evolving industry ecosystems, and ground-breaking digital technologies. PwC sees what is possible and can help clients make it a reality. To find out more, visit, http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/services/advisory/consulting/operations.html
2. Find out more about PwC’s Digital Services by visiting https://digital.pwc.com/en.html
3. To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit www.pwc.com/analystviews
4. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
©2016 PwC. All rights reserved.
Robert DonnellyPwC Global Analyst RelationsUnited Statesrobert.email@example.com+1 917 471 3355