Demand for consulting services in life sciences industry continues to grow
PwC named as a Leader by IDC MarketScape
As the boundaries between the life sciences and healthcare continue to blur, strategic consulting service providers are increasingly being asked to develop and implement strategies that link or connect data and processes between the two industries, according to the IDC MarketScape Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategic Consulting Services 2016 Vendor Assessment.
According to the IDC MarketScape:
- Successful strategic consulting service providers are growing in a variety of ways, through the expansion of existing client relationships, expanded offerings (direct support of strategic guidance implementation), and new clients (expanding the mid-tier market and with non-traditional entities [e.g., precompetitive industry consortia]).
- As expected, premier life science companies routinely engage with a number of different strategic consulting service providers to most effectively address the diverse strategic consulting needs present within the organisation.”
The report highlights that “PwC has extensive experience working with life science companies across all three sections of the industry: pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical devices. Relative to other vendors discussed in this study and based on feedback from multiple customer references, PwC continues to receive high marks for under-promising and over-delivering, bringing industry-specific knowledge (instead of templates) to engagements, and uniquely understanding industry needs from a business perspective.”
Commenting on achieving this positioning, Mike Mentesana, PwC’s Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences R&D Consulting Practice leader, said: ““We are excited to learn the IDC MarketScape continues to place PwC as a leader in Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategic Consulting. We are proud of the innovation we have been driving with our clients and the value they and the industry are experiencing. Our strategy will continue to focus on expanding our solutions and services to support our industry and drive health outcomes.”
PwC’s 19th Annual Global CEO Survey found that ‘Pharmaceuticals and life sciences CEOs are optimistic about a future which will see continuing growth through innovative products and partnerships, but they recognise the challenge of realising their ambitions in a world where expectations are growing all the time. New technologies will help both to deliver life-saving innovation and to enrich engagement with stakeholders.’
IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategic Consulting Services 2016 Vendor Assessment, (#US411264, 16 March 2016)
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilises a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
- For more information about how PwC's pharmaceuticals and life sciences practice helps pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device clients develop future focused business strategies and implement the time critical programmes and procedures essential to success within worldwide regulatory frameworks, click here.
- To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit pwc.com/analystviews.
- At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
©2016 PwC. All rights reserved
Press Release and Documents
Robert DonnellyPwC Global Analyst RelationsUnited Statesrobert.email@example.com+1 917 471 3355