Amount of data that needs to be managed shows no sign of slowing down
ALM Intelligence states that:
• In order to produce quality and meaningful analysis in real time, companies are engaging with consulting firms to develop strategies and execution plans around the acquisition, collection, storage, and security of their data.
• To best meet client needs, consulting firms are evolving their data management capabilities to address more specialised requirements, including how to handle new digital platforms and regulatory mandates that impact how data can be collected, stored, and used.
The report identifies PwC as ‘best in class’ for its Data Management Consulting capability area. ALM highlights that “PwC leads the field in creating a data strategy for data management initiatives that balances in-depth assessments to pinpoint client needs and a detailed roadmap that plans out and prioritises investments, and with building a case for clients and gaining executive buy-in. The firm’s Experience Centres provide clients with an environment to see the latest capabilities and techniques in data management, and how they can be applied to their specific company. This improves clients’ understanding of potential data initiatives, the investment required, and impact on the client company.”
It also says that ‘Through its data & analytics hub, PwC delivers data management consulting services that span Advisory, Tax, and Assurance. The firm has established a robust portfolio of services that is clearly defined, structured, and backed by internally developed tools and accelerators that hone in on four main areas: data & analytics operating model & organisation; data & analytics strategy; data regulation, compliance & security; and advanced data & analytics technology.’
Commenting on achieving the Vanguard rating, Gerard Verweij, Global Data and Analytics leader, said: “The importance of data cannot be overstated in a world where there is high demand for analytics and insights to support Big Decisions and unlocking the potential of emerging technologies such as Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence. We are committed to assisting our clients with data driven and data first strategies and practical implementations and we are delighted that ALM Intelligence has recognised our differentiated capabilities and positioned PwC as a Outright Leader in this new research. It recognises our commitment and strength in data management while providing trust in data in order to help our clients tackle a wide variety of data related challenges.”
*ALM Intelligence, formerly Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory.
1. The power of data-led insight today is its ability to add business value to every part of the value chain and to every area of business decision-making. To find out more, visit http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/issues/data-and-analytics.html
2. To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit www.pwc.com/analystviews
3. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
©2016 PwC. All rights reserved
Robert DonnellyPwC Global Analyst RelationsUnited Statesrobert.email@example.com+1 917 471 3355