PwC cited in 2016 Gartner Smart Machines report: Consulting and System Integration Services Market Forecast and Opportunities
PwC is cited in the August 2016 Gartner Smart Machines report: Consulting and System Integration Services Market Forecast and Opportunities. Smart machines* have the intrinsic ability to learn from the environment that they operate in. Gartner predicts smart machines will drive market and business transformation, leading to autonomous customer and business process models.
Gartner states that:
• Smart machines are not future fantasy; they are commercially available — more than $10 billion smart machine products have already been purchased through more than 2,500 technology companies.
• From dynamic pricing models and fraud detection, to predictive policing and robotics, smart machines have broad applicability in all industries.
• North America and Europe are expected to be early adopters, followed by Japan and Asia/Pacific countries with a high percentage of labour in knowledge industries. By type of companies, the early adopters will be those that have massive amounts of data of all types — including from Internet of Things (IoT) — those with big call centre and help desk functions, and companies working on predictive and prescriptive analytics.
For service providers, smart machines represent opportunities to help enterprises assess, select, implement, change and adapt talent, and for IT and business processes, the opportunity to successfully adopt smart machines for business benefits.
Commenting on the opportunity to help clients leverage smart machines, Gerard Verweij, Global Data and Analytics Leader, said: “We are delighted that PwC is included in the Gartner report. We believe Gartner recognises our investment in these areas and our multidisciplinary offerings that aim to help our clients leverage the opportunities and navigate the changes associated with these trends and emerging technologies.”
1. For more information on how PwC helps clients determine what success looks like, innovate their business, and create new value, visit http://digital.pwc.com
2. To find out more about how PwC is helping clients solve complex business problems where business and experience meet emerging technology visit http://usblogs.pwc.com/emerging-technology
3. To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit www.pwc.com/analystviews
4. Gartner clients may find the full Gartner report on here (login required): http://www.gartner.com/document/3401117
5. *Smart Machines are also called cognitive, smart automation and artificial intelligence
6. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
©2016 PwC. All rights reserved.
Robert DonnellyPwC Global Analyst RelationsUnited Statesrobert.firstname.lastname@example.org+1 917 471 3355